UNITED: CBU November Gathering
November 8, 2019 to November 10, 2019
Location: 1 Ridgecrest Drive, Ridgecrest, NC 28770Category: Conference | Coordinator: Tom Jackson
United we stand, together we win.
United we stand strong;
together, we get the job done.
We live at a time of painful division; the Lord is calling his people to powerful unity.
CBU was born in the power of the Holy Spirit. At Pentecost, people partook of the outpouring of the Spirit, and through the Spirit, came to share together in God. That is, as the Spirit incorporates us into the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13), we all drink of the Spirit, and share together in the gift of the Spirit.
The Holy Spirit empowers us together to fulfil the mission of God. At our annual November Gathering, we're going back to our roots - to be refreshed in the Person and Power of the Holy Spirit, reminded that God has called us to be:
One People, submitted to One Lord, empowered by One Spirit, faithfully executing One Mission.
NOVEMBER GATHERING INFORMATION
Dates: November 8-10, 2019
We are excited to be back at Ridgecrest for this year's November Gathering. Nested in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains near Black Mountain, NC, Ridgecrest has been the setting where many lives have been changed by the power of God's Spirit. (see the directions below).
Our Teaching Team
With a background in campust ministry at UNC-Chapel Hill, the Univeristy of Virginia, and Duke University, Taylor and his wife Elizabeth moved to Guam and planted Life in the Son church in 1992. After a decade of fruitful ministry and church planting in Micronesia, Taylor returned to serve as pastor of King's Park International Church in Durham and planted King's Park Raleigh in 2011. In Micronesia, Taylor experienced a supernatural move of God and enjoys faciliting powerful experience with God.
Growing up in the CBU family, Tom has devoted most of his adult ministry years to church planting in Europe. His international work provides an interesting perspective on both Kingdom and Church. He is currently based in the UK and travels extensively in Europe, working to advance the gospel of Jesus. He and Jean have six daughters.
Jim is the President-emeritus of CBU and continues to provide oversight and input as we embrace God's agenda for gospel advance in the nations. He and Mary Jo met in McRae, Georgia, and have been married for 55 years. From its 1974 origins as a conference ministry to amazing mission opportunities around the world, God continues to use CBU as a catalyst for Spirit-empowered ministry.
Paul has a great gift to lead people into the presence of God through Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered worship. Beautifully blending the new with old, Paul has a well-developed appreciation for the old hymns we all love and the fresh expression of what God is saying today (Matthew 13:52). As both a pastor and a worship leader, Paul has been part of the CBU family for many years and it is a delight to have him back with us for our November gathering.
- This Gathering is for the Reach Out Club, Global Partners, and friends of our ministry, and there is no registration fee. However, because we anticipate a full-house, people planning to attend need to reserve a seat at the conference by completing the regstration form available at this link. Please use the the online registration form below. Conference registration is for the conference only and does not secure housing or travel arrangements. You must register separately for accommodation and the conference.
- Online: please use this link to complete the online registration form.
The conference is at Ridgecrest: the most convenient way to enjoy the conference, the grounds, and the fellowship is to stay onsite. Here are the rates for staying at Ridgecrest:
- Single: $296/per person - King Room / $276/per person QQ Room
- Double: $184/per person - King Room / $184/per person QQ Room
- Triple: $140 per person - QQ room
- Quad: $123 per person - QQ room
All of the rates include room and meal package (two nights's lodging, six meals), and you enjoy the benefit of convenient access to the conference. To call and reserve your room, simply call 1-800-588-7222. To get our special conference rate, be sure to include our group code in your communication with Ridgecrest: 63T3UC (CBU).
Individual reservation deposit required is one night’s room rental. This deposit is refundable less a $10/room processing fee if canceling 60 or more days prior to arrival, one-half refundable if canceling 30-59 days prior to arrival, and non-refundable if canceling less than 30 days prior to arrival.
You will soon be able book your accommodation online here.
- You need to both REGISTER for the conference and
- RESERVE YOUR ACCOMMODATION (1-800-588-7222).
- To get our special conference rate, be sure to include our group code in your communication with Ridgecrest: 63T3UC
Friday, November 8
- 4:00pm Registration
- 7:30pm Session 1
- 9:00pm Cookie Reception
Saturday, November 9
- 9:30am Session 2
- 10:45am Session 3
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 7:00pm Session 4
Sunday, November 10
- 9:30am Session 5
- 10:45 Session 6
- Conference registration will begin at 4 pm on Friday, November 8.
- We regret that childcare is not available.
DIRECTIONS TO RIDGECREST
Ridgecrest is located 17 miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, on Interstate 40, Exit 66, approximately 30 miles from the Asheville Regional Airport and 18 miles from the Asheville Bus Station.
The drive to Ridgecrest is absolutely beautiful through the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- From Interstate 40, take Exit 66 (Ridgecrest).
- Turn left (if traveling east) or right (if traveling west) onto Dunsmore Avenue .2 mi
- Turn right onto Old U.S. 70 1 mi
- Ridgecrest is on the Left
Don't miss this opportunity to be refreshed by God's Spirit, with God's people, in God's mission.