REUNION: November Gathering 2018
November 9, 2018 to November 11, 2018
Location: 1 Ridgecrest Drive, Ridgecrest, NC 28770Category: Conference
By God's will I may come to you with joy and be refreshed in your company. (Romans 15:32)
What is REUNION about?
- Remembering: people whose lives have intersected and been touched by each other come together to reflect on how they have shared God's grace together.
- Refreshing: We all need a new touch from God's Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). But more than what the Lord does in our lives, we are refreshed in each other's company.
- Resending: God fills us with his Spirit and refreshes us through each other so that we can go forward in strength with the mission of God.
Join us this November for REUNION, a weekend of enjoying each other in the presence of God while we say Yes! to God's mission.
Join us for a high-impact weekend of refreshing from God’s Spirit, personal renewal, and re-focus on the mission God has given his people.
This November Gathering is for our Reach Out Club, our CBU Global Partners, friends of our ministry, and everyone who wants to join in faith and resources to fulfil God's purpose in our generation. There is no registration fee for this event, but we need to know who is planning to come, so be sure to REGISTER TODAY!
OUR TEACHING TEAM:
Gene and June Evans
Gene and June have been encouraging God's people through their teaching ministry spanning five decades. From their ministry and church base in Douglasville, GA, Gene and June have ministered across the globe preaching and teaching the good news of Jesus Christ. They have been involved with CBU for many years, and it is great to have them along as part of our REUNION.
Growing up in the CBU family, Tom has devoted most of his adult ministry years to church planting in Europe. His international work provides an interesting perspective on both Kingdom and Church. He is currently based in the UK and travels extensively in Europe, working to advance the gospel of Jesus. He and Jean have six daughters.
Jim is the President-emeritus of CBU and continues to provide oversight and input as we embrace God's agenda for gospel advance in the nations. He and Mary Jo met in McRae, Georgia, and have been married for 55 years. From its 1974 origins as a conference ministry to amazing mission opportunities around the world, God continues to use CBU as a catalyst for Spirit-empowered ministry.
Paul has a great gift to lead people into the presence of God through Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered worship. Beautifully blending the new with old, Paul has a well-developed appreciation for the old hymns we all love and the fresh expression of what God is saying today (Matthew 13:52). As both a pastor and a worship leader, Paul has been part of the CBU family for many years and it is a delight to have him back with us for our November gathering.
NOVEMBER GATHERING INFORMATION
Dates: November 9-11, 2018
We are excited to be back at Ridgecrest for this year's November Gathering. Nested in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains near Black Mountain, NC, Ridgecrest has been the setting where many lives have been changed by the power of God's Spirit. (see the directions below).
- This Gathering is for the Reach Out Club, Global Partners, and friends of our ministry, and there is no registration fee. However, because we anticipate a full-house, people planning to attend need to reserve a seat at the conference by completing the regstration form available at this link. Please use the the online registration form below. Conference registration is for the conference only and does not secure housing or travel arrangements. You must register separately for accommodation and the conference.
- Online: please use this link to complete the online registration form.
The conference is at Ridgecrest: the most convenient way to enjoy the conference, the grounds, and the fellowship is to stay onsite. Here are the rates for staying at Ridgecrest:
- Single: $297/per person - King Room / $268/per person QQ Room
- Double: $179/per person - King Room / $169/per person QQ Room
- Triple: $142.67 per person - QQ room
- Quad: $129.50 per person - QQ room
All of the rates include room and meal package (two nights, six meals), and you enjoy the benefit of convenient access to the conference. To call and reserve your room, simply call 1-800-588-7222. Individual reservation deposit required is one night’s room rental. This deposit is refundable less a $10/room processing fee if canceling 60 or more days prior to arrival, one-half refundable if canceling 30-59 days prior to arrival, and non-refundable if canceling less than 30 days prior to arrival.
You can book your accommodation online here.
Friday, November 9
- 4:00pm Registration
- 7:30pm Session 1
- 9:00pm Cookie Reception
Saturday, November 10
- 9:30am Session 2
- 10:45am Session 3
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 7:00pm Session 4
Sunday, November 11
- 9:30am Session 5
- 10:45 Session 6
- Conference registration will begin at 4 pm on Friday, November 9.
- We regret that childcare is not available.
DIRECTIONS TO RIDGECREST
Ridgecrest is located 17 miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, on Interstate 40, Exit 66, approximately 30 miles from the Asheville Regional Airport and 18 miles from the Asheville Bus Station.
The drive to Ridgecrest is absolutely beautiful through the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- From Interstate 40, take Exit 66 (Ridgecrest).
- Turn left (if traveling east) or right (if traveling west) onto Dunsmore Avenue .2 mi
- Turn right onto Old U.S. 70 1 mi
- Ridgecrest is on the Left